Dr. Julie A. Johnson graduated from Buckeye Valley in 1980. She then pursued her pharmacy degree at The Ohio State University, followed by her Doctor of Pharmacy at the University of Texas. She is currently the Dean of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Florida. Under her leadership, the college has risen in the national rankings to #5 among all colleges of pharmacy in the nation. She has received numerous awards and honors for her scientific work and contributions to the profession of pharmacy. These include her election to the National Academy of Medicine, one of the nation’s highest honors in medicine and the biomedical sciences. She is one of a very limited number of pharmacists in the nation who have been elected to one of the nation’s national academies. She has also been named in four different years as a highly cited researcher, meaning that her research publications were in the top 1% of research articles cited by other researchers. This scholarship was created in her honor, by her mother, to encourage other young women to pursue their passion in a scientific career. Julie is proof that a girl can come out of Buckeye Valley and achieve great things for mankind in this world.
* Graduating female senior from Buckeye Valley High School with GPA of 3.25 or higher;
* Must be enrolling full-time at an accredited university or college;
* Student should be enrolled in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health services, not including psychology;
* Consideration can be given to applicant’s financial need;
* Scholarship may be renewable with (1) annual application AND (2) maintaining a 3.0 GPA at an accredited university or college.