Armed with a smile and great enthusiasm, Jami Wilson began her teaching career in the fall of 1999 at Conger Elementary. She taught second grade, coached Hayes High School girls tennis and was an avid Buckeye fan.
Having been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma one year earlier, Jami was realistic as to what the future might hold for her. With these facts in mind, she wanted to establish a scholarship fund in her memory. She asked that the Jami G. Wilson Scholarship Fund be awarded to a Rutherford B. Hayes High School graduating senior who has not only demonstrated a commitment to school and/or community service but more importantly, has shown an enthusiasm for learning.
* Graduating senior from Delaware Hayes High School that attended Conger Elementary School;
* Must have a GPA of at least 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale or its equivalent;
* Must be entering any type of higher education;
* Must provide THREE letters of recommendation;
* Consideration is given to the applicant’s financial need.