The Manos Family Fund Scholarship honors Peter Manos (OWU ’47), wife Georgia (Vatsures) Manos, their daughters Diane Manos, M.D. (OWU ’76), Joni Manos (Peter) Brown (OWU ’78) and grandson George Brown (OWU 2010).
Peter Manos came to Delaware after serving in the Pacific Theater during WWII to attend Ohio Wesleyan University and met Georgia Vatsures, his future wife. He graduated from OWU in 1947 and continued his education at Capital Law School. Their granddaughter, Angela Brown also graduated from Capital Law School in 2013. Peter worked his way through law school by selling insurance throughout Delaware County and developed great admiration for the friendly, hardworking people he encountered. In 1951, he graduated from law school, married Georgia, and opened his law office in Delaware, where he practiced for over 50 years. This scholarship pays tribute to the people of Delaware County and Ohio Wesleyan University who shaped the lives of the Manos Family.
* Graduating senior attending Ohio Wesleyan University as a full-time student;
* Must have attended at least two (2) years of high school in:
- Big Walnut Local School District;
- Buckeye Valley School District;
- Delaware Area Career Center;
- Delaware City School District;
- Olentangy Local School District;
- Westerville North High School;
- Westerville Central High School;
- Home School within any one of these districts.
* Must have GPA of at least 3.0 or higher on a 4-point scale or its equivalent;
* Consideration is given to applicant’s financial need.
Please Note: up to one scholarship awarded to each school listed above.