This scholarship was established in memory of William Michael “Mike” Watkins.
Mike Watkins was a lifelong resident of the Radnor area and a graduate of Buckeye Valley High School. While in high school, Mike excelled at all sports, earning 11 varsity letters, was involved in student council, the varsity club, concert band, and the National Honors Society. During his senior year, he was awarded the Hardin Memorial Award, which was given to the class scholar athlete, and later was inducted into the first Buckeye Valley Hall of Fame class. After graduating from The Ohio State University, Mike was able to purchase property in Radnor and start a successful farming career. He also served as Radnor Township trustee for 22 years. Fiercely loyal to his family and his career, Mike was a person who strove to make his community a better place.
Mike’s passions were farming, playing golf, and serving his community. It is only fitting that this scholarship be awarded to an individual who shares his interests.
* Must be a graduating senior from Buckeye Valley High School;
* Must have GPA of at least 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale of its equivalent;
* Must be enrolling full-time in an accredited institution for a 4-year degree, 2-year degree or certificate program;
* Preference to students who plan to study Agriculture or Political Science;
* Consideration is given to applicant’s financial need