The Ralph and Mabel Gooding Memorial Scholarship Fund was created upon the passing of Ralph and Mabel Gooding in January 2003. The Gooding Family has a long history in Delaware County going back to the early 1800’s. Mr. and Mrs. Gooding were lifelong residents. Mr. Gooding was a local farmer, and Mrs. Gooding an educator in Delaware County.
This scholarship provides post-secondary support to college students already enrolled in an accredited university or college and pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree.
* Completed first year or beyond at an accredited university or college;
* Must have GPA of at least 2.5 or higher on a 4-point scale or its equivalent;
* Attend for four (4) years and graduated from a public high school located in:
- Big Walnut Local School District
- Buckeye Valley Local School District
- Delaware City Schools
- Olentangy Local School District
- Westerville Central High School
- Westerville North High School
* Resident of Delaware County, Ohio when graduated from high school;
* Continuing as a full-time student (sophomore, junior, senior) at an accredited university or college pursuing an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Applicant is ineligible if the Gooding Scholarship has already been received three (3) times.
- Students receiving scholarships may reapply each year if eligible.
- Seniors graduating early (mid-year) must be a full-time student during all quarters/semesters before graduation and must include date of graduation to be considered.